Vatican City (June 21, 2021 09:15, Gaudium Press) The Holy Father has appointed members of the Supreme Tribunal of the Apostolic Signatura for a period of five years.Of the appointees, it is interesting to note that Cardinal Gerhard Ludwig Müller (former Prefect of the Congregation of the Doctrine of Faith) is now moved to the Supreme Tribunal of the Apostolic Signatura. The other members are as follows:
- Joseph William Tobin, C.S.R., Archbishop of Newark (United States of America);
- James Michael Harvey, Archpriest of the Papal Basilica of St. Paul Outside the Walls;
- Mario Grech, Secretary-General of the Synod of Bishops; and Archbishops Cyril Vasil’, S.J., President of the Pontifical Council for the Doctrine of the Faith;
- Cyril Vasil’, S.I., Titular Archbishop of Tolemaide of Libya, Apostolic Administrator sede plena of Košice for Catholics of the Byzantine rite (Slovakia);
- Celso Morga Iruzubieta, Archbishop of Mérida-Badajoz (Spain);
- Christoph Hegge, Titular Bishop of Sicilibba and Auxiliary of Münster (Germany);
- Mark Leonard Bartchak, Bishop of Altoona-Johnstown (United States of America); Dominicus Meier, O.S.B., Titular Bishop of Castro di Sardegna and Auxiliary Bishop of Paderborn (Germany);
- Andrea Migliavacca, Bishop of San Miniato (Italy);
- Pierantonio Pavanello, Bishop of Adria-Rovigo (Italy);
- Egidio Miragoli, Bishop of Mondovì (Italy).
Appointment of Referendaries to the Supreme Tribunal of the Apostolic Signatura
The Holy Father also appointed as Referendari of the Supreme Tribunal of the Apostolic Signatura:
- The Reverend Monsignors Carlos José Errázuriz Mackenna, Professor at the Faculty of Canon Law of the Pontifical University of the Holy Cross in Rome, and Patrick Valdrini, former Pro-Rector of the Pontifical Lateran University in Rome;
- The Reverend Paolo Gherri, Dean of the Faculty of Canon Law at the Pontifical Lateran University in Rome;
- The Reverend Fathers: Ulrich Rhode, S.I., Dean of the Faculty of Canon Law at the Pontifical Gregorian University in Rome; Georges Henri Ruyssen, S.I., Dean of the Faculty of Oriental Canon Law at the Pontifical Oriental Institute in Rome;
- Philippe Toxé, O.P., Professor at the Faculty of Canon Law at the Pontifical University of St Thomas-Angelicum in Rome; and the Most Illustrious Sir William Daniel, Professor at the Faculty of Canon Law at the Catholic University of America in Washington.
The Supreme Tribunal of the Apostolic Signatura is housed in the Italian Renaissance-era Palazzo della Cancelleria in Rome, Italy. It is the highest judicial authority in the Catholic Church and it also oversees the administration of justice in the church.
(Sourced from Vatican.va)